Gix, exporting ArcView views to MapServer mapfiles

Eduin Carrillo yecarrillo at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 12 10:07:23 EDT 2004

 --- Till Adams <adams at terrestris.de> escribió:

Hi.

> Eduin,
>
> sorry for no reply: Yes I found it useful - but sometimes a little bit
> ... complicated in generating the output.

Some people think contrary, they said "more easy, just two steps"

> I've created AveiN! an ArView extension, which does the same (have a
> look on sourceforge -> AveiN!).

Yes, I have used it in the past. It is a enchanced version of Ross Searle's
extension (available at Mapserver user contributed utilities) Something that I
had not understood is what is the license schema of Avein. Yo've hosted it at
SF, but you sell it at the same time at terrestris for a big price.

> Maybe it's worth about taking some of the elements of your extension and
> some of mine together (your symbol creator is great!!)

I think it is not possible. Avein is not GPL licensed (it is commercial, or at
least confuse licensing method), so, you can't use it at all or part into
Avein.

> In them opment we start to work on an ArcGIS extension - do you also
> have plans to do something in that field?

Yes. I have a little interface for ArcGis, not public available yet.

> Greetings from Germany,
> and more feedback in calmer times, OK?

Thank you. I hope ear more about you soon!

> Till

(orry for my bad english)

Eduin Yesid Carrillo
Civil Engineer