building Mapserver on Gentoo: with-proj doesn't see files

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Oct 12 14:25:00 EDT 2004

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

> I need information on the expectation of the with-proj argument:
>
> ./configure --with-proj=/usr/lib
> configure: checking whether we should include PROJ.4 support......
> configure: error: "Could not find projects.h or libproj.a/libproj.so in
> /usr/lib."
>
> Same result for /usr/bin, /usr/share/proj, etc. Its almost like the make
> file doesn't see any of those files, but they are present. Any
> suggestions?

You should use "--with-proj=/usr". Just "--with-proj" would do as well
since your proj appears to be installed in the default system
directories and MapServer's configure will look there by default.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca