newbie needs help correcting distorted map

Mike Jackson mj at SCI.FI
Tue Oct 12 19:19:50 EDT 2004

Ed McNierney wrote:

>Read the MapServer documentation to learn more about extents.  Normally, a MapServer request will include the extents (in the coordinates of the output map projection).

Ok, thanks. I'll try to dig into it a bit more.

>Finally, please ALWAYS reply to the group.  This allows others to participate in the discussion (the first person to answer your first question may not know the answers to all your questions), allows others to learn from the information so the question doesn't need to be asked again, puts the answers in the archives, and prevents the first person to reply from feeling like they've acquired a personal lifetime support commitment just because they answered one question <g>.

Hehe. Sorry about that. Making a personal reply to you was not my
intention; I didn't even realize that I had done it until reading your
note. Why isn't the list address in the Reply-To field? I am used to
mailing lists where you click reply, and it goes to the list, e.g. the
mailing list manager sets Reply-To properly. (This coming from a person
who formerly managed over 500 mailing lists with ezmlm).

Thanks,
--
Mike