WMS Client problem

Jerl Simpson jerl.simpso at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 13 12:34:33 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have asked this question here before, but never found a good
solution to the problem.  So sorry for the repeat.

I have a layer setup like:

  LAYER
    NAME "ENC WMS"
    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS DEFAULT
    CONNECTION "http://<IP>/enc/servlet/RMServlet?"
    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    MAXSCALE 8000000
    METADATA
      WMS_TITLE "USenc"
      "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4326"
      "wms_name"
"Electronic+Navigational+Charts:Fusion,Soundings:Fusion,Navigation+Aids:Fusion"
      "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
      "wms_formatlist"      "image/gif"
      "wms_format"          "image/gif"
    END
  END

sorry for any wrapping.

The problem comes in with the wms_name, it has a ":" in it that seems
to get translated to "%3A".  My layer name is "Soundings:Fusion" for
instance and the WMS server looks for the ":" and won't convert "%3A"
back to the colon.  So the layer name that ends up back at the server
is "Soundings" rather than "Soundings:Fusion"

my mapserv -v output is:

MapServer version 4.2.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

compiled with gdal version 1.2.1

Is there something I can do to get around this?

Thanks,

Jerl