Unicode support

Steve Hall steve.hall at MERCATORGEOSYSTEMS.CO.UK
Wed Oct 13 10:11:46 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Does anyone out there know what level of Unicode (UTF-8) support is present in Mapserver?  I'm looking to start a project based in one of the Far Eastern countries (not decided which yet - possibly Thailand) and the map output will need to be localised (i.e labels in local font, unicode etc).  I've proven some of the other parts of the project (Apache, PHP, Postgres, Oracle etc) but i'm not sure about Mapserver right now.  If I have a number of unicode data sources (OGR MapInfo TAB, Oracle Spatial, PostGIS) is support present for all of them or am I likely to be struggling!?   Are there any docs on the subject that i've missed?

Many thanks,

Steve H