SRID = null; how to to convert coordinates from millimeters to meters?

Erwin v.d. Bij ErwinVanderBij at CS.COM
Fri Oct 15 02:53:29 EDT 2004

Hello Fernando,

Thanks for your response. See my reaction below.

>   I believe that you can use two ways. The first is using projection in
>your mapfile and layer definition.

I've looked in in it, but still don't how to do this.

>   The second way is using the two functions: SDO_CS.TRANSFORM and
>SDO_CS.VIEWPORT_TRANSFORM. Perhaps you need to use the two functions of
>conjugated form. The first function don't accept data with NULL SRID
>values, but you can use the second function to transform your data for a
>defined SRID and use it how a input of first function. Can be, you need
>to test your data with the srid that you want.

As far a I understand is the SDO_CS.VIEWPORT_TRANSFORM function a one time action that converts geometry columns to SRID defined gemoetries. However, I have a database which is updated each minute with new records and each record contains a gemoetry column with coordinates in millimeters. If for each database update we have to run SDO_CS.VIEWPORT_TRANSFORM, it will be very timeconsuming. Maybe, I don't understand it correctly. I'm still a newbie on Mapserver and Oracle Spatial as well.

Kind regards,

Erwin