Contours again.

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Fri Oct 15 11:01:17 EDT 2004

Ed McNierney wrote:

>Bob -
>
>After you run shptree you will see a new file with a .qix extension.  You should then rerun your tests and see a difference.

It shaved off about 30 sec for the search.  Is there a way to verify
whether the new index is even being used ?  I also tried with some
different tree values (24, 30) and they didn't seem to make a difference
either way., this is one reason I would like to verify if the index is
even being used.  Does it need to be specified anywhere in a MAPfile or ???

bobb