help novice getting Itasca demo working

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at SHAW.CA
Sat Oct 16 12:39:13 EDT 2004

> I'm using SuSE Linux v9.1.

We are running the exact same platform here.

>       <input type="hidden" name="root" value="srv/www/cgi-bin">

Note there is a typo in the path above - should be "/srv/www/cgi-bin" you are
missing the leading slash.

> The *.png images of the legend, scale & map are being written to
> /srv/www/htdocs/tmp/, but are not displayed by the browser.

Can you try to load the image manually from a URL, i.e.
http://192.168.1.17/tmp/<imagename>.png  ?

I'm wondering too what your map file looks like.

Glad to see you getting into this Brent - are you going to post us some great
GMT maps?

Tyler