Creating transparent gifs with PHP-Mapscript

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at UVA.NL
Tue Oct 19 12:33:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure if I am overlooking something here.  I'm working with a
completely PHP-based map, i.e. without any Mapfile at all. I can set
everything from PHP, except for the "transparent" option of the
predefined "gif" outputformat. This setting seems to be read-only, like
everything else in the outputformat object, except the additional
formatoptions. Setting transparency at the *mapObj"-level doesn't work
either. I could use the pasteimg() method, but it would be much simpler
if I could do it just like in a regular MapFile, by setting TRANSPARENT
ON in the outputformat. Is this possible?

Jan