WFS - PropertyIsLike

Uli Rothstein (CCGIS) uli.rothstein at CCGIS.DE
Wed Oct 20 03:59:23 EDT 2004

Hi list,

does someone know which attributes I can use with <ogc:PropertyIsLike> in
wfs-requests or where I can get a documentation?

I've tested the following request:

http://wms1.ccgis.de/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/data/umn/germany_demo/germany_demo
_postgresql_wfs.map&REQUEST=GetFeature&VERSION=1.0.0&SERVICE=WFS&TYPENAME=St
aatsgrenze&FILTER=<ogc:Filter><ogc:PropertyIsLike wildCard="*"
singleChar="?"
escape="\"><ogc:PropertyName>popycoun</ogc:PropertyName><ogc:Literal>G</ogc:
Literal></ogc:PropertyIsLike></ogc:Filter>

As result I get all objects beginning with "G". It seems that mapserver
ignores the attribute 'wildcard' and uses a wildcard at the end of each
search item.

Additionally I want to use the wildcard at the beginning of the search item.
But this does't seem to work with mapserver.

Best regards

Uli Rothstein

      Ulrich Rothstein
        CCGIS GbR