Debian GIS Sub-Project started.

Wed Oct 20 13:40:57 EDT 2004

The following might be of interest to some/all of our mapserver users.
Might we also want to get Mapserver included as part of this project?

-Steve W.

Debian Weekly News
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2004/41/
Debian Weekly News - October 19th, 2004

[snip]

Debian GIS Sub-Project started. Francesco Lovergine [5]announced the
launch of DebianGis as new Debian sub-project. The goal is to create a
[6]custom Debian distribution oriented to serious [7]Geographical
Information Systems (GIS) users and applications. Coordination
currently takes place on [8]Alioth.

  5. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/10/msg00007.html
  6. http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?CustomDebian
  7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gis