Pixel/Color values in Raster Image

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Oct 21 00:59:28 EDT 2004

Ganesh P wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> We are using PHP/Mapscript for our application. I have a question regarding the Raster Image layer (Images with 7 bands). Is there a way to get the Pixel values (for example, R,G,B values) of a point on the raster image according to the selected bands? Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Ganesh

Ganesh,

Have you looked at the raster query support?  It is new in 4.3.  I think
it will select an arbitrary number of bands of pixel data based on the
BANDS PROCESING directive.  So if you wanted only particular bands
out of a multispectral image.

   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RasterQuery

Contact me if you need details or run into problems.

Best regards,