Why Demo in Tutorial only support GIF imagetype?

Henry Han hhan at YORKU.CA
Thu Oct 21 13:13:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

I installed MapServer 4.2 binary with IIS and try to run example maps in the
tutorial.

Take example 1-1.map as an example, I can only display GIF type map. If I change
the imagetype in the example1-1.map to PNG, JPEG or whatever, it does not work
and return me a below error(if the imagetype=JPEG).
CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are: ÿØÿà

If change the imagetype =PNG, then returns
CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:  ‰PNG

I checked "Mapserv -v" command, it shows that it support PNG, GIF, JPEG,GDAL,
etc.

Anyone canhelp me on this?

Thanks a lot

Henry