mapserv.exe works in Apache while broken in Tomcat

Suqing Bai suqingbai at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 21 15:25:08 EDT 2004

Hi list,

Help needed urgently.

I got everything working correctly by calling mapserv.exe from Java
Servlet when the mapserv.exe running in Apache. However, I need to get
mapserv.exe running as a cgi program within my web application which
is deployed on tomcat.

I have correctly configure mapserv.exe as a cgi program of tomcat in
the sense that if I send wrong parameters (e.g. wrong path of .map
file), the error message of MapServer will show in my browser.

However, I couldn't get the map images show correctly in my browser
with the correct parameter. The images (main map, legend, and ref_map)
show like mosaic. When I check the images in folder IMAGEURL, the main
map and legend images are black. where ref_map is fine.

The error in Tomcat log like this
2004-10-21 14:27:50 cgi: runCGI: 1 lines received on stderr

I have went through the list but couldn't find the answer. Any help
will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

In addition, the following configure found in httpd.conf of Apache
SetEnv PROJ_LIB  /ms4w/proj/nad/
How should I set it in Tomcat if I need?

Regards
Sue