Problems getting raster data to display

Jason Grimes jgrimes at GI.ALASKA.EDU
Fri Oct 22 18:18:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm new with MapServer and I'm trying to get a raster image to display
in a layer.  I'm using Chameleon to build my web interface and running
MapServer as a CGI script.  I have compiled MapServer with GDAL support
and GDAL has GeoTiff support. I'm running MapServer version 4.2.4 and
GDAL version 1.2.3 I'm also using PROJ and everything works great.  All
my shape files can be displayed and queried with no problems.  The image
I'm trying to display was originally created with ARC and is in Imagine
format.  Here is my map file entry for the raster layer...

        LAYER
                NAME "a_line_ab"
                DATA "a_line_ab_proj.img"
                TYPE RASTER
                STATUS on
                PROCESSING "BANDS=1,2,3"
        DEBUG on

                PROJECTION
                        "init=epsg:102003"
                END
        END

When I try and display it Chameleon responds with the following error...

DrawMap: MapServer IO Error: (a_line_ab_proj.img)

Now I have tried just about everything I can think of including
converting the image to TIFF format and trying that, but I get the same
error.  I have also used ArcMap to set the projection on the file so it
matches all of the other shape files, but still the same error.  When I
call MapServer with the map file alone without Chameleon nothing
displays and no errors are generated.  This is using the following
command...

http://phobos.gina.alaska.edu/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/landman/chameleon/htdocs/landman.map&mode=map

Here is what MapServer and GDAL report their compiled support is...

./mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.2.4 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

gdal-config --formats
gxf gtiff hfa aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 xpm sdts raw dted mem
jdem envisat elas fit vrt usgsdem l1b nitf bmp pcidsk bsb gif jpeg png

Any ideas would be most welcome, thank you.

Jason