More GD errors

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Mon Oct 25 12:04:20 EDT 2004

On Oct 25, 2004, at 9:18 AM, Norman Barker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have switched boxes to a clean install of Red Hat FC2 to compile
> MapServer (nightly build),
> FC2 ships with the 2 series version of GD as required mapserver but the
> configure script still fails
> to pick it up even when I use --with-gd=/usr/local
>
> Has anyone got a (fool-proof!) set of instructions for compiling
> MapServer?  This GD error
> is a hurdle I can't get over!
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Norman Barker

Norman,

If you provide more details, I'll try to help.  Your message gives us
little to
go on.  Specifically: MapServer version, the output of the configure
script,
and your actual configure command.

I'm using a FC2-based distribution (KRUD) and it comes with GD 1.8.4 in
/usr/lib.
Are you sure you have a GD 2?  If so, where are the libraries and
include files
found?

Sean

--