"Missing ImageLength filed" problem when requesting Tiff via MapServer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Oct 25 13:39:35 EDT 2004

Henry Han wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to serve image via map server WMS. JPG, GIF, PNG all work
> well. But when I try "fomat=image/tiff", it does allow me to download
> and save the image, but I just can not open it. With GDAL gdalinfo to
> check the tiff image, it tells me following info.
>
> Error 1: MissingRequired: d:\temp\mapserv.tif: TIFF directory is missing
> requried "ImageLength" field
> GDALOpen failed -1

Henry,

This generally means your TIFF file is corrupt.  I would suggest you run
the tiffinfo command on your file (and perhaps tiffdump too) and then
take the issue to the TIFF mailing list (or to me privately).

Best regards,