Creation of layer object in Python Maps cript

Ryan, Adam ARyan at CO.LINN.OR.US
Thu Oct 28 13:03:54 EDT 2004

Hi Bill,

I'm working on the same thing 'bout now.
For me, this crashes Python:

    layerO = mapscript.layerObj(mapO)

But this works OK:

    layerO = mapscript.layerObj()
    mapO.insertLayer(layerO)

However, if I then check layerO.index, I get 1634300513.  That's a lot of
layers.

If I check mapO.getLayersDrawingOrder(), I get _30fc8200_p_int.  Is this a
typemap issue?

If I try layerO.promote() or layerO.demote(), I'm told those methods don't
exist.

I'm still trying to figure this one out.  Let me know if you make any
headway.

Adam