In version 4.2.5 Label buffer in GRID doesn't work

Giorgio Plazzotta giorgio.plazzotta at SARASRICERCHE.IT
Fri Oct 29 04:01:09 EDT 2004

MAPSERVER-USERS Digest - 27 Oct 2004 to 28 Oct 2004 (#2004-96)After the reinstallation of Mapserver 4.2.5 I noticed a malfunctioning in the behaviour of the GRID layers in my mapfile.
The proble is that the labels on the border of the GRIDS are shown twice. This is because of the BUFFER parameter. Mapserver shows both the label at the normal position (on the grid line) and also the buffered label at a certain distance. I partially solv ed the problem eliminating the BUFFER option in the label section. In the previously installed Mapserver version (4.0) the same mapfile worked well and the buffer option acted as it was expected putting the laber at 4 or 5 pixel distance from the line.
I include the code of the grid layer in the mapfile:

Giorgio Plazzotta
Assemini - Italy

  LAYER
    NAME "Reticolo UTM/WGS84"