Run PHP as a CGI when call mapserver

joÿffffffffffe3o Antunes bluetuna_goes_skying at YAHOO.CO.UK
Fri Oct 29 13:05:53 EDT 2004

Dear mapserverers,

I am trying to configure my system to run php as a cgi only when my php scripts include map server calls.

This is because I realised that it's not possible to use dl() function when you're using apache as the web server and on the other hand it is not possible to load php_mapscript_42.dll by default as a module described in the php.ini file.

I took a look at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPMapScriptCGI where some good tips are provided but the thing is my OS is windows and honestly so far I haven't been able to translate those tips from UNIX to my OS.

Can someone give me a hand?

thanks a lot in advance.

JP