[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] problem with postgis layer

Skweda O'Bomsawin sobomsawin at KASSINI.COM
Wed Sep 1 13:27:45 EDT 2004

Alberto,

It seems to be a projection issue.  Since you don't have a projection
section in your layer definition, make sure your data are in the same
projection system as your map file.  Otherwise, add a projection section to
your layer.  Also try to use FROM in small caps in your data sentence...

__________________
Skweda O'Bomsawin
Directeur géomatique
Kassini Systèmes Experts
771, Saint-Joseph Est
suite 320
Québec, QC, G1K 3C7
Tél: 418.652.0925
Fax: 418.653.7344

-----Message d'origine-----
De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la
part de Alberto Cavalli
Envoyé : 1 septembre 2004 11:45
À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] problem with postgis layer

Hi dear I've a problem, I'm using mapserver but, when I try to see my page,
I can't see anithyng. I've putted all my shape in postgresql through
postgis.
This is the layer definition in my map file

LAYER
    NAME "Confine"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    DATA "the_geom FROM h887_c"
    TYPE POLYGON
    CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
    CONNECTION "user=postgres PASSWORD=admin dbname=template1 host=localhost
port=5432"
    UNITS METERS
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    TOLERANCE 0