Assign Data to a point for query with mapscript?

sandnarrows ken at SANDNARROWS.COM
Wed Sep 1 14:28:34 EDT 2004

Hello all. I am using mapscript to create a layer object and add a
series of points that get displayed on the map. Everything is working
fine. The layer shows up in the legend, points on the map where they
should be, etc. Is there a way to add data to the points that can be
returned when the user performs a query?

Searching through the archives I see several examples of using Xbase to
create/edit dbf files. I don't really want to create a file, the
information will only exist as long as the user session.

Thanks,

Ken