New user - Perl/Php/Windows Questions

Berlin Brown berlin.brown at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 12 11:12:16 EDT 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:51:42 -0600, Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2004, at 8:09 AM, Berlin Brown wrote:
>
> > I also included the PDFLib support, downloaded the latest version, I
> However, you are not limited like this by Python.  At the past
> MapServer Users
> Meeting, I ran a workshop which included a demonstration of a WMS server
> implemented using Python mapscript and the Twisted web framework that
> runs
> directly "out of the box".  This app is included in the workshop package
>
>    http://users.frii.com/sgillies/projects/mum04/mum2smw.tar.gz
>
> It doesn't require Apache or IIS, using it's own lightweight HTTP
> server and
> we got it up and running on an arbitrary port within the Carleton lab
> network
> without any problems.
>
> cheers,
> Sean
>
> --
> Sean Gillies
> sgillies at frii dot com
> http://users.frii.com/sgillies

Nice, of course something that I also have been trying to work on, is
sending data(for example images(jpegs)) between servers as easily as
possible.  For example after an image is rendered, stream that image
to a server of choice.  For those machines that dont have UNC or other
network drive support.  That is the future, unless somebody has ideas
for this too?