Shapefile format question.

Mon Sep 20 10:53:08 EDT 2004

Lowell,

Shapefile ARC objects can be polylines. That is they can have multiple
points that describe a curve, but between any two adjacent points in a
polyline, the segment is always a straight line. This holds true for the
simple polyline that only has 2 points (ie: a line).

Hope this answers your question.
-Steve W.