GetFeatureInfo on ESRI binary grid

Frans Knibbe frans at GEODAN.NL
Tue Sep 21 05:38:21 EDT 2004

Hello,

I had not read the document Jim mentioned, but it nicely explains why,
for an ArcINFO grid, setting a path to a grid directory yields the same
results as setting a path to a file within that directory.

I had read this document:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RasterQuery
It explains that after MapServer 4.2 you should be able to perform
queries on rasters.

And a thread in this list about the subject:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0406/msg00600.html
,
where the question is asked whether the getFeatureInfo request will work
on raster layers.

I am wondering now if getFeatureInfo does not work on raster layers, or
if I have made a mistake in the map configuration. If anyone has
succeeded in querying a raster layer using getFeatureInfo,  it would be
nice to see the layer definition in the map file.

Greetings,

Frans