gdal 1.2.2 problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Sep 22 10:02:18 EDT 2004

Stefano Bonnin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just installed GDAL 1.2.2 with MapServer 4.2.3 and I get the
> following error:
>
> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named
> '@_ctr_icb' <mailto:'@_ctr_icb'>.
> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset
> 0: GDALRasterIO() failed: drawGDAL()
>
> this is a simple raster layer:

> Band 1 Block=3156x3154 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Palette
>   Color Table (RGB with 2 entries)
>     0: 255,255,255,255
>     1: 0,0,0,255

Stefano,

According to the above, the entire file is being treated as one big tile
which may be quite in-efficient and memory hungry.  But I don't think that
is your problem.   Perhaps you could place the file somewhere for me to
inspect?

I would also note that the libtiff support in GDAL 1.2.2 has been discovered
to have been incorrectly configured on Unix and will not include a number
of important compression types.  (fax, packbits, deflate and LZW are missing
I think).

Best regards,