DWG/DXF

ANDY CANFIELD andy_canfield at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 22 18:50:48 EDT 2004

I've used the openDWG libraries along with OGR to read from AutoCAD dwg's
and write Mapinfo tables and ESRI shapefiles for use with Mapserver. I have
a once weekly batch that pulls all the design out of 1,400 drawings and puts
it into 14 or 15 shapefiles and Mapinfo tables. The application is
proprietary to the company I work for but if you have a specific question
about using the open DWG stuff I can probably answer it (as long as it's the
C++ libs, I have no idea about their VB stuff). I use their multi-threaded
static libs for what I do.