points in a multipolygon set from oraclespatial

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Sep 23 09:43:56 EDT 2004

GIRAUD Pierre wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Today, I'm in front of a particular problem. For a customer, I need to
> render oraclespatial data.
> In the database, I have shapes with a '2007' SDO_GTYPE, that says
> multipolygons. Hopelessly, in the SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY, including the
> polygons (2003), some points (1003) can be found. Curious for a
> multipolygon, and you might want to say that it'd better be a Collection
> (2004) ! But I can't modify data.
>
> The problem is that if define my layer with an oraclespatial
> connectiontype, the layer is rendered. On the other hand, with an
> OGR/OCI connectiontype, mapserver crashes.

Pierre,

I'm not readily able to work on Oracle support just now.  My NT partition
with Oracle has become inaccessable due to an unfortunate "install" problem.

My understanding from the code is that multipolygons should work in OGRs
Oracle driver, but I am not sure how well tested it is.   Does ogrinfo
also crash against the layer in question?  If so, I would suggest you
submit a detailed bug including a snippet of SQL sufficient to create
a one record table that will demonstrate the problem.

That way I can fix it at some point when I have access to Oracle again.

Best regards,