SET THE SCALE OF WHERE CLASSES OF FEATURES DISPLAY

Newland Agbenowosi newland at VT.EDU
Thu Sep 23 17:58:07 EDT 2004

Bob,
Below is an example layer definition showing how to draw the same layer at
different scales by defining the MINSCALE/MAXSCALE for each class.  In you
case, you migh need some thing like this:

LAYER
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /^1/
    MINSCALE ??
    MAXSCALE ??
    COLOR 100 100 100
    SIZE 7
    SYMBOL "circle"
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /^2/
    MINSCALE ??
    MAXSCALE ??
    COLOR 10 10 10
    SIZE 7
    SYMBOL "circle"
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /^3/
    MINSCALE ??
    MAXSCALE ??
    COLOR 100 100 100
    SIZE 7
    SYMBOL "circle"
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /^4/
    MINSCALE ??
    MAXSCALE ??
    COLOR 10 10 10
    SIZE 7
    SYMBOL "circle"
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /^5/
    MINSCALE ??
    MAXSCALE ??
    COLOR 10 10 10
    SIZE 7
    SYMBOL "circle"
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /^6/
    MINSCALE ??
    MAXSCALE ??
    COLOR 100 100 100
    SIZE 7
    SYMBOL "circle"
  END
  CLASSITEM "<FIELD_NAME>"
END

-------------------------------------------By
example ---------------------------------------
LAYER
    NAME "roads"
    GROUP "roads"
    TYPE LINE
    TOLERANCEUNITS pixels
    DUMP true
    TOLERANCE 5
    CLASS
      MAXSCALE 20000
      COLOR 100 100 100
      SIZE 7
      SYMBOL "circle"
      OVERLAYCOLOR 255 255 2255
      OVERLAYSIZE 2
      OVERLAYSYMBOL "dash1"
    END
    CLASS
      MINSCALE 20001
      MAXSCALE 40000
      COLOR 100 100 100
      SIZE 5
      SYMBOL "circle"
      OVERLAYCOLOR 200 200 200
      OVERLAYSIZE 3
      OVERLAYSYMBOL "circle"
    END
    CLASS
      MINSCALE 40001
      COLOR 100 100 100
      SIZE 1
      SYMBOL "circle"
    END
    STATUS on
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END
    DATA "/ms4w/chameleon/data/cities/tema/roads.shp"
    METADATA
      WMS_TITLE "roads"
      WFS_TITLE "roads"
    END