shptree not faster than no index

John Bolster jb at NUCOMP.COM
Thu Sep 23 18:18:46 EDT 2004

Thank you for your quick response.

In terms of the county outlines, do you think that one county per file, and
selecting which files to use with only a tileindex would be faster than all
counties being in one huge file of over 3000 counties and selecting which
counties to draw using a qix index?

Also, does the qix index on the actual tileindex do anything to speed up the
tileindex?

Thanks,
John