multipolygon set from oraclespatial crash with OGR

GIRAUD Pierre bluecarto at FREE.FR
Fri Sep 24 05:51:44 EDT 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> GIRAUD Pierre wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Today, I'm in front of a particular problem. For a customer, I need to
>> render oraclespatial data.
>> In the database, I have shapes with a '2007' SDO_GTYPE, that says
>> multipolygons. Hopelessly, in the SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY, including the
>> polygons (2003), some points (1003) can be found. Curious for a
>> multipolygon, and you might want to say that it'd better be a Collection
>> (2004) ! But I can't modify data.
>>
>> The problem is that if define my layer with an oraclespatial
>> connectiontype, the layer is rendered. On the other hand, with an
>> OGR/OCI connectiontype, mapserver crashes.
>

> Pierre,
>
> I'm not readily able to work on Oracle support just now.  My NT partition
> with Oracle has become inaccessable due to an unfortunate "install"
> problem.
>
> My understanding from the code is that multipolygons should work in OGRs
> Oracle driver, but I am not sure how well tested it is.   Does ogrinfo
> also crash against the layer in question?  If so, I would suggest you
> submit a detailed bug including a snippet of SQL sufficient to create
> a one record table that will demonstrate the problem.
>
> That way I can fix it at some point when I have access to Oracle again.
>
> Best regards,
> --

> warmerdam at pobox.com

I just built an SQL statement that includes 8 multipolygon shapes (with
many different cases). 4 of them crash ogrinfo and OCI/OGR connection
for mapserver but not oraclespatial connection.
Defaultly, I might want to report a bug in OGR remotesensing bugzilla
(618), tell me if I'm wrong.

Pierre GIRAUD