summary by grid

Mon Sep 27 14:57:03 EDT 2004

An interesting idea.

I think I would approach this a little differently. The thing you need
to do is to use the cell object to query the flight lines data using
multiple select and count the number of lines intersecting with the cell
object. Then update the the cell's attributes with the count.

Mapserver already supports query by shape and query by rectangle. So you
could have arbitrary cell object shapes like city polygons or cell
rectangles based on shapes. or you could just create a double for loop
in mapscript to compute the rectangles and call querybyrect().

Hope this helps,
  -Steve