reprojecting WMS layer

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Sep 30 16:08:30 EDT 2004

Thomas Chesky wrote:

> I have wms_srs set and PROJECTION tag set to 4326 at the layer level and
> output projection set via the cgi interface (a method which works fine
> with reprojecting shape files) The 2 output image is almost identical.
> There is a small "rotation" effect visible if I switch back and forth
> from the 2 images, but when I overlay a shapefile layer on it (which is
> correctly reprojected) the original projection 4326 creates a nicely
> overlayed image, while the reprojected one has the WMS and shape layer
> messed up, they do not correctly overlay.

What you describe here is the right way to reproject WMS layers, and the
fact that you see a small rotation effect in the WMS layers when you
switch projections confirms that MapServer in indeed trying to reproject it.

The only thing I could think of is that perhaps your shapefile is not in
the projection you think it is. Maybe a different datum, or something
like that?

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca