"msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. " Error Loading Map File

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Fri Apr 1 02:23:16 EST 2005

Hi Jack,

Did you set up your permissions for Apache correctly? What statements did you add to your httpd.conf file?
You should check whether the file is accessable. Have you tried to load the url directly (http://localhost/mapserver_demos/workshop/itasca.map)?

Alternatively, change the path of your mapfile to a filepath (e.g. c:\\web\\mapfile.map). Best to use double-backslash with windows.

Regards,

Jacob

JACOB DELFOS
SPATIAL INFORMATION ANALYST