MySQL and mapfile

Don Deskins dldeskins at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 5 14:23:03 EDT 2005

Steve,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I am sorry to say that I didn't
know there was a ".qix" file.  With my database background, I assumed
that an indexed database field would be faster than a flat file.  Of
course, that is correct if the flat file is not index.  I searched
through the archives and found out what a .qix file was all about. I
created one for each of my shapes and sped up download time by 50%.
Now on to tiling the shp files :)

Thanks again

--
Don Deskins