color palette on a Arc Info Binary Grid (ADF)

Matthew Perry mtperry78 at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Wed Apr 6 13:03:01 EDT 2005

Raghu,

  I've classified ArcInfo GRIDs using CLASS
expressions based on the pixel value. Here's a mapfile
sample:

LAYER
  NAME "wildlife_habitat"
  STATUS OFF
  TYPE RASTER
  # Folder containing the hdr.adf
  DATA "kb_veg_grid/kbshr_v10a/"
  CLASSITEM "[pixel]"
  CLASS
    NAME "Mixed Conifer"
    EXPRESSION ([pixel] < 48 OR [pixel] == 159)
    COLOR  0 123 27
  END
  CLASS
    NAME "Conifer/Hardwood"
    EXPRESSION ([pixel] >= 48 AND [pixel] < 81)
    COLOR 78 221 0
  END
END

Hope this helps. I did this manually which was
time-consuming given that I had 35+ classes.

There *might* be a way to convert your color table
(.clr) to classes or have gdal use the .clr
directly.... but I will defer to the rest of the list
on that one.

Good luck,

Matt Perry
Humboldt State University

--- "Shantha, Raghavendra Vasanth" <raghu at KU.EDU>