Google maps w/ satellite imagery

Kristjan Annus kristjan at TARKVARASTUUDIO.EE
Thu Apr 7 14:05:03 EDT 2005

If you have large number of pre.generated zoom levels you can make your
user to belive that he
has the custom zoom level solution :-) You just have to choose the most
compatible level after the
user makes zoom-box query.

There is one other interesting solution for large images ie. satellite
imagery - Zoomify
http://www.zoomify.com/
Click on the 'See Full srceen demo' link under the Paris satellite image.
Of course this is not real GIS but it is quite interesting.

Kristjan