Google maps w/ satellite imagery

Dan Barron dbarron at DSWLLC.COM
Thu Apr 7 14:55:58 EDT 2005

Mind if I throw out this question?

With Google Maps using the Ajax concept (some info here -
http://digitalsqueeze.com/drupal/node/3053) - has anyone
tried/contemplated/dabbled at this approach using mapserver?  Creating a
map with mapserver can be fairly quick, reloading the page can take time,
depending on your interface implementation - but if you only had to pass
the map image back, that would be a huge step forward for the user experience.

Dan