mapserver, jbox and php (but not mapscript)

kallwn kallwn at ICIRCUS.NET
Sat Apr 9 00:01:00 EDT 2005

I have a series of maps that uses a template that I made using jbox
displaying  assigned territories. These work just the way that I
expected and wanted. So when I was asked to add a layer that shows
routes based upon the name of sales people I thought no problem. I have
the the name in a MySQL table and the routes as points in another table
so I thought all I  would have to do would be to add a little PHP code.
Make a list box that is populated from the table in the database. Well
it works when I display just the template, however when I try to to
display a map the list box is not populated from the database. In fact
it does not even seem like the PHP code is connecting to the database at
all. After about a week of trouble shooting I eliminated all parts of
the template as being the culprit. The only thing left that I can think
of is that somehow that by calling the mapserver cgi it is causing the
PHP code not to connect to the database and populate the list box. I
know the jbox template works with a map and the list box works in the
template but when I try to get all 3 to work together  the list box fails.

Has anyone come across anything like this before or have any
suggestions? Oh yes, I'm not using any php/mapscript  just straight php.