configure: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so

joÿffffffffffe3o Antunes bluetuna_goes_skying at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Apr 11 11:46:06 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I get this error trying to compile mapserver for
LINUX:

configure: checking for GD 2.0.12 or higher...
checking for gdImageSetAntiAliased in -lgd... no
configure: checking whether GD needs libiconv...
checking for gdImageSetAntiAliased in -lgd... no
configure: error: Could not find gd.h or
libgd.a/libgd.so in /usr/lib/libgd.so.  Make sure GD
2.0.12 or higher is compiled before calling configure.
You may also get this error if you didn't specify the
appropriate location for one of GD's dependencies
(freetype, libpng, libjpeg or libiconv).

Browsing the internet I noticed I am not the only one,
but the fact is I could not find an answer..

I have already checked that the libreries required
actually exist. Taking their paths in consideration, I
used the option:

--with-gd=/usr/include/gd.h

No success, though..

could someone please give me a hand on this?

Thanks in advance

Joao Antunes