Projections with Different Units

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Mon Apr 11 19:21:10 EDT 2005

Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Rick Powers
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 5:17 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Projections with Different Units

I'm trying to display layers with different projections and units. There
was another good post on multiple UTM projections that I will use.

But an example of my case is State Boundaries (LatLong-Decimal Degrees)
and Terra Server WMS DOQs (UTMs-Meters). I can make both work
independently, but each wants the shared map object to provide
appropriate units.  Any suggestions?

NAME MULTI
STATUS ON
SIZE 400 300
SYMBOLSET symbols/symbol.sym
#EXTENT -126 24 -64 50
#UNITS DD
EXTENT 189600 1976600 818200 5478800
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "data"
IMAGETYPE JPEG
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 204
FONTSET etc/fonts.txt

LAYER
  NAME STATES
  METADATA
    WMS_TITLE "Cartgographic Boundaries of United States States"
    WMS_ABSTRACT "US Census"
    WMS_SRS "EPSG:4326"
    "RESULT_FIELDS" "NAME st99_d00"
  END