Hi

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at IASTATE.EDU
Tue Apr 12 10:35:10 EDT 2005

Shailesh,

Please always cc the list back and don't top post :)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Shailesh Chiplunkar wrote:

> Hi, Actually I have a project assigned to me which requires the use of
> mapserver!! So I am currently looking for some way to get to know how to
> start using it and from where to do so?? I thought may be downloading
> the available version of mapserver cld help me figure out some
> way......but it dint?? So wat do u suggest i do? I need to get started
> as soon as possible!!

What did you expect to happen when you downloaded mapserver?  The website
contains a bunch of useful resources to help with your new adventure with
Mapserver.  Have you gone through the docs page?

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc.html

The Support section contains a link to the WIKI, which has lots of
information about installing and symbols and much more.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

If you have further questions, please email the list.. but try to be more
specific with what questions you have.

Good luck,
  daryl