confused with legend template

Ferencik Ioan ferencik.ioan at PERSONAL.RO
Wed Apr 13 07:49:11 EDT 2005

I have folowing LAYER:
LAYER

                NAME "rivers"
                DATA retea
                TYPE LINE
                LABELITEM "DENUMIRE"
                        PROJECTION
                                "init=epsg:31700"
                        END
                STATUS DEFAULT
                        CLASS
                                COLOR 35 57 214
                                NAME "Rivers"
                                STYLE
                                        SIZE 50
                                        SYMBOL "line1"
                                END
                        LABEL
                                ANGLE AUTO
                                BUFFER 10
                                COLOR 35 57 214
                                FONT "times-italic"
                                TYPE TRUETYPE
                                SIZE 8
                                OFFSET 5 5
                        END

                        END

                METADATA
                END

        END
and trying to display it in my index php with folowing line:
I set the legend template do "legend.html". I see only [legend] text in the div
element instead the legend

This is my legend.html

[leg_layer_html order_metadata=0  opt_flag=12 ]
[if name=rivers_status oper=eq value=1 ]CHECKED[/if]</td>
[/leg_layer_html]

Thanks in advance