Still on Example 1.9

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at CBS.UMN.EDU
Wed Apr 13 15:52:42 EDT 2005

OK, let me butt in on this.  First, I have to make many assumptions as I don't
know if you change any of the directory structure of the tutorial.  I'm
assuming you didn't and that you unzipped it under "/ms4w/apps".  This would
give you a directory "/ms4w/apps/tutorial" and everything will be set there
save the Apache configuration.  My second assumption is that you have created
an "httpd_tutorial.conf" Apache config file in "/ms4w/httpd.d" and that this
file contains something like:

Alias /tutorial "/ms4w/apps/tutorial"

<Directory "/ms4w/apps/tutorial">
    AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

If you haven't read the README_HTTPD.txt under /ms4w/httpd.d, you should do
so.

The last assumption I'll make is that you didn't change the MS4W temp
directory so that it's still under /ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp.

OK then, have a look at your IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL parameters...  Your
IMAGEPATH should point to "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"--that's your local path.  Your
IMAGEURL then should point to "/ms_tmp/"--that's how it's referenced in an
HTTP url (the Alias in Apache).  These paths should be explained in MS4W
README somewhere in your installation.  It's also explained in the WMS
example (example 1.6?).

Finally, you have your SHAPEPATH pointing to "/ms4w/httpd.d/tutorial/data".
Did you install the tutorial in the httpd.d directory?  If so, you might want
to move the whole tutorial to "/ms4w/apps"--that's where your MapServer
applications are supposed to be.  You can then edit your httpd_tutorial.conf
to have the lines I have above.  This is just something to follow to keep
your MS4W installation clean.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!
Perry

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 06:28 am, Lawal Olanrewaju wrote:
> The mapfile is as found below
> -------------
> MAP
> NAME           EX1.9_
> IMAGETYPE      PNG24
> EXTENT        201621.496941 -294488.285333
> 1425518.020722 498254.511514 # LAEA
> #EXTENT         -97.5 41.619778 -82.122902 49.38562 #
> Geographic
> SIZE           400 300
> SHAPEPATH      "\ms4w\httpd.d\tutorial\data"
> SYMBOLSET      "symbols/symbols35.sym"
> FONTSET        "fonts/fonts.list"
>
> WEB
>   TEMPLATE  'example1-9.html'
>   IMAGEPATH '/data/tmp/'
>   IMAGEURL  '/tmp/'
> END
>
> PROJECTION
> #  "proj=laea"
> #  "ellps=clrk66"
> #  "lat_0=45"
> #  "lon_0=-100"
> #
> # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
>  "init=epsg:2163"
> #
> END
>
> # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS
> LAYER # States polygon layer begins here
>   NAME         states
>   DATA         states_ugl
>   STATUS       OFF
>   TYPE         POLYGON
>
>   PROJECTION
>     "init=epsg:4326"
>   END
>
>   CLASSITEM    "CLASS"
>   CLASS
>     EXPRESSION 'land'
>     SYMBOL     0
>     COLOR      232 232 232
>   END
> END # States polygon layer ends here
>
> LAYER # MODIS raster layer begins here
>   NAME         modis
>   DATA         "raster/mod09a12003161_ugl_ll_8bit.tif"
>   STATUS       DEFAULT
>   TYPE         RASTER
>   PROCESSING   "BANDS=1,2,3"
>   OFFSITE      71 74 65
>
>   PROJECTION
>     "init=epsg:4326"
>   END
> END # MODIS raster layer ends here
>
> LAYER # LandSat WMS map from JPL (or from USGS)
>   NAME         LandSat
>   TYPE         RASTER
>   OFFSITE      0 0 0
>   STATUS       OFF
>   CONNECTIONTYPE     WMS
>   #CONNECTION
> "http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?REQUEST=map&LAYERS=us_landsat7&STYLES=&FOR
>MAT=png&TRANSPARENT=true" CONNECTION
> "http://gisdata.usgs.net/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?ServiceName=USGS_WMS_
>LANDSAT7&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=map&Layers=LANDSAT7&SRS=EPSG:4326&REASPECT=fa
>lse&Format=png&"
>
>   METADATA
>     "wms_title" "LandSat"
>     "wms_name" "us_landsat7"
>     "wms_server_version" "1.0.0"
>     "wms_srs" "epsg:4326"
>     "wms_format" "image/png"
>     #"wms_title" "US_Landsat7"
> [...]

Pericles S. Nacionales

Dept. of Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior
University of Minnesota
work: 612 624 6713
e-mail: nacional at cbs.umn.edu