Labels not displaying

sc sc at BYTRON.COM
Thu Apr 14 11:29:12 EDT 2005

Hi

I have managed to get several layers switched on and off via mapscript/php
but I am unable to see any labels whose text comes from my shapefile.

I can annotate the map directly with TEXT (), but cannot get labelitem to
work within
my "Codes" Layer.

here is my mapfile:

thanks
Simon

MAP
    NAME UK
    STATUS ON
    SIZE 1000 1000
    IMAGETYPE PNG
    IMAGECOLOR 240 240 240
    SHAPEPATH "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/map/data/conic"
    EXTENT -994934.821920 5173124.716504 322333.423383 6431993.097353

  SYMBOL
    NAME 'circle'
    TYPE ELLIPSE
    POINTS 1 1 END
    FILLED TRUE
  END

    WEB
        IMAGEPATH "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/tmp/"
        IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
    END

        LAYER
                NAME "Airports"
                GROUP airfields
                TYPE POINT
                STATUS DEFAULT
                DATA "airports"
                CLASSITEM "ICAODesign"
                CLASS
                        NAME "UKAIRPORTS"
                        STYLE
                                OUTLINECOLOR 60 60 60
                                COLOR 255 0 0
                                SYMBOL 'circle'
                                SIZE 4
                        END
                END
        END

        LAYER
                NAME "Codes"
                TYPE ANNOTATION
                DATA "uk_airports"
                STATUS DEFAULT
                LABELITEM "ICAODesign"
                CLASS
                        LABEL
                                FORCE TRUE
                                SIZE MEDIUM
                                POSITION CC
                                PARTIALS TRUE
                                COLOR 0 0 0
                        END
                END
        END

        LAYER
                NAME "credits"
                STATUS DEFAULT
                TRANSFORM FALSE
                TYPE ANNOTATION
                FEATURE
                        POINTS
                                10 480
                        END
                        TEXT 'Map of the United Kingdom and Ireland'
                END
                FEATURE
                        POINTS
                                10 500