WCS map file

Nuno Gil nunoragil at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 17 14:31:16 EDT 2005

Dear listers,
I am trying to give WCS access to a Landsat5 layer. The original image
tiles are available in GDAL virtual files and each one of the virtual
files is calling 3 different ArcInfo grids (one for each tile visual
band - RGB).

Part of my map file is as follows:
  wcs_formats 'GEOTIFF'
  wcs_nativeformat'"8-bit GeoTIFF'
  wcs_rangeset_axes 'bands'
  wcs_rangeset_name 'bands'
  wcs_rangeset_description 'Enter some clever description of each TM
band here...'
  wcs_rangeset_label 'Band Number'
  wcs_rangeset_values '1,2,3'
  wcs_rangeset_rangeitem '_bands'

When I issue a DecribeCoverage request:
http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wcs?REQUEST=DescribeCoverage&COVERAGE=landsat_europe&SERVICE=WCS&map=wcs.map

the returned info inside the "Axis_Description" element is as follows:

<rangeSet>
  <RangeSet>
  <description>Enter some clever description of each TM band
here...</description>
  <name>bands</name>
  <label>Band Number</label>
    <axisDescription>
      <AxisDescription>
        <name>bands</name>
        <label>Bands/Channels/Samples</label>
        <values>
          <singleValue>1</singleValue>
        </values>
      </AxisDescription>
    </axisDescription>
  </RangeSet>
</rangeSet>

Shouldn't I have 3 values inside the "values" element (one for each band)?
How can I describe each band number? I would like to add some info
relating to the wavelengths.

Even with this describe coverage result I can request all the bands
from the server (with the below request for instance):
http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wcs?REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=landsat_europe&SERVICE=WCS&map=wcs.map&FORMAT=geotiff&CRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-9,38.5,-8.5,39&RESX=0.0027778&RESY=0.0027778&bands=1,2,3

Regards,
Nuno