Symbols within an area

James Sohr jms4 at PO.CWRU.EDU
Mon Apr 18 17:58:18 EDT 2005

Matt,

This is actually the result of a very-beta-level MapScript function I
wrote that draws path-following text labels for a given layer.

I say it's very beta since it doesn't do any sort of collision detection,
and in some cases can produce upside down or backwards labels.  I am
working on those issues, as well as adding auto line-wrapping and auto-
placement features sometime in the future.

Still, if anyone is interesting in playing with the present version, I can
share the function and/or the madness behind it.

Thanks,
  James