levels in Shapefiles

Tue Apr 19 20:36:47 EDT 2005

The way you would accomplish this is have the user click on the map and
have mapserver do a query based on the click. You can Query multiple
layers so if yo query the state layer then you will know about which
state was clicked on and if you query the city layer you will know what
city was clicked on or if NO city was clicked on.

You can then get the extents of the city shape that was returned in the
query and use that information to zoom the map to that city.

1) setup your mapfile to support queries
2) get the click coordinates
3) query the layer(s)
4) get the extents of the city
5) set the extents of the map to the city extents
6) redraw your map

-Steve W.
  http://imaptools.com