How to get a plan picture from ortho pictures?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 20 07:26:51 EDT 2005

On 4/20/05, luca marletta <lucamarle at gmail.com> wrote:
> How to get a plan picture from ortho pictures?
> I've a full set of aeropictures of an area used for photogrammetry purpose.
> I'd like to adapt them for mapserver use, is there any opensource
> software I can used for this goal?

Luca,

What do you mean by a "plan picture"?

Generally speaking it should be easy to create a layer from a set of
orthophotos in MapServer by creating a tileindex for them (with gdaltindex)
and using that tileindex for a layer.  For performance purposes it may
be necessary to create overviews for the orthophotos, and to manage
a seperate "overview" layer for large scales.

Best regards,