Problem diplaying PostGIS layer. Postgres and Mapserver have been setup on separate Machines

Shashi Gireddy gireddy at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 20 12:31:34 EDT 2005

HI Mandar,
I used Postgres(8.0-- it automatically configures postgis if u select
the option)& mapserver both on windows, here is sample code..

LAYER
NAME "qru_fnl1"
CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
CONNECTION "user=root password=c3n5u5 dbname=census host=localhost"
DATA "the_geom from qry1 using srid=-1"
STATUS DEFAULT
TYPE POLYGON
STATUS ON
TRANSPARENCY 70
CLASSITEM "p001001"
LABELITEM "tract"
LABELCACHE ON
#MINSCALE 10
#MAXSCALE 50
#LABELMAXSCALE 0.5
#LABELMINSCALE 1.5

    CLASS
        NAME "Class1"
        EXPRESSION ([p001001]<1000)
        TEMPLATE void
        COLOR 210 120 110
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0

   LABEL
  		FORCE FALSE
		PARTIALS FALSE
		MINDISTANCE 200
		#MINFEATURESIZE AUTO
		ANTIALIAS TRUE
  		COLOR 164 140 0
		SHADOWCOLOR 218 218 218
		SHADOWSIZE 2 2
		TYPE TRUETYPE
		FONT arial
		MINSIZE 7
		MAXSIZE 12
		POSITION CL
		PARTIALS FALSE
		BUFFER 10
        END

END

As far as I know you don't have to chance anything in php (you can
create the same layer through php code, but it didn't worked for me,
let me know if it works for you).

shashi.

--
Shashi Kiran Reddy. Gireddy,